Advertising, Products, and Propaganda

"There is a great deal of advertising that is much better than the product. When that happens, all that the good advertising will do is put you out of business faster. "

-Jerry Della Femina


I found this quote on some smart-quotes website, supposedly a haven for words of wisdom.

I found this quote because I did a search on advertising guru Jerry Della Femina, the man who said it, although I did not yet know he’d said it when I entered his name into the search engine.

I found this quote because the same advertising guru Jerry Della Femina was enlisted to help some suspect propaganda outfit called The Lincoln Group spend a $5 million Pentagon incentive to infect the Iraqi consciousness with pro-War, pro-Military messages.

I found this quote because this morning I decided to read a New York Times article titled “Quick Rise for Purveyors of Propaganda in Iraq” and I wondered who was behind this paradoxical freedom of speech in Iraq.

I found this quote because there is a great deal of advertising that is much better than the product, and when that happens, all that the good advertising will do is put you out of business faster.

I found this quote to be true.

1 Comments:

Blogger Juan said...

Interesting.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home